Mitsubishi L200 / Shogun ECU location
The ECU is bolted to the front passenger side inner pillar.
To locate and remove it you will need to:
- Disconnect the battery
- Remove the key
- Open the passenger door
- Remove all the trims that are on the left hand side of the foot well including the kick strip
- Remove the trim under the glove box
- Remove the glove box
- Remove the floor mat
- Lift the carpet up and remove the white polystyrene block
- Pull out all of the multi pin connectors (edge connectors) that surround the bottom of the ECU to give you as much space as possible
- Remove the bolts holding the ECU in its security bracket and carefully drop it down without damaging surrounding cables
- Once you have the ECU out remove the security bolts to release it from it's bracket
You may find that when you re-install the ecu you have an engine management light on, this is normal. just clear it with a diagnostic tool or drive the vehicle to let it complete its checks and the light will distinguish.