OBD Flash Tool
There are many different flash tools on the market, all of which have different level's of vehicle coverage. Below is a summary of the most commonly used OBD Flash tools today
If you are starting up a business in the Chip Tuning industry we strongly recommend you buy Genuine Professional Tuning Tool's. We would advise against buying a cloned or knock off tool. We must remind you that the cost of a new Ecu can be £500 - £2000 so make sure you have all the necessary and correct tool's for the job. All OBD flash tool's have their strength and weak point's so be sure that you are using the correct tool for that specific vehicle
CMD has been at the forefront of Chip tuning equipment development long enough to ensure that every product they offer perform's beyond expectation's everytime. The CMD flash tool is now dual function with OBD and BDM all in one tool and using just one software interface. With this tool you can cover a large part of the chip tuning market. Particularly suitable for diesel vehicles and for the user, easy and safe to handle. With this tool you are able to flash most of all European and Korean Turbo diesel and Turbo petrol vehicles. The one thing that stands out above the rest with this tool is its strength and speed the CMD is well known for its extensive list of vehicle protocol's. If you want to buy an OBD flash tool that is reliable easy to use and very fail safe then we recommend this to be your tool of choice. Its speed is amazing it can read certain vehicle's OBD in a matter of seconds for example the 2013 F-Type Jaguar you press "read" and its collected 2mb+ of data in approx 3sec's! And now it can Flash the majority of all the latest VAG tricore ecu's Obd. This tool is a must for any Professional chip tuner.
- BDM Motorola Mpc
- Bosch MEDC17 TRICORE BOOT
- C16x / ST10 BOOT
- CAN V2.0B 1Mb/s
- K line ISO / KWP
- J1850 PWM
- Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 5->9
- Industrial Vehicles 24V
- Automatic resistor switch-KLine 470 ohm pull-up resistor for VAG EDC16
- Protection dongle is now inside the black box
- Old cars protocols ( i.e. EDC15, ME7, etc ) are now included
- Recovery mode
- Automatic checksums
The FGTech EOBD2 is a well known chip tuning tool for all cars, trucks, motorcycles, Marine, BDM MPCxx, BDM Boot Mode Tricore, checksum. This tool does not only tune via Obd but it has Bdm functionality's too. It has an excellent protocol range. For instructions on how to use this tool correctly you can follow every step in the Basic OBD Tuning Procedure page. This tool has excellent T-PROT unlock protocol's.
- NEW OBD DRIVER EDC17C64 VAG
- NEW PASSWORD TRICORE TPROT V11 EDC17C64 VAG
- PASSWORD TRICORE TPROT V.12 JEEP/CHRYSLER
- PASSWORD TRICORE SID 807 FORD
- PASSWORD TRICORE SID 208 FORD - LAND ROVER
- PASSWORD TRICORE TPROT V.11 FIAT
- VAG SIMOS PCR2.1
- JTAG RENESAS - BDM - MOTOROLA - INFINEON
- FREESCALE MPC5553/5554/5565/5566 NEXSUS PORT
- IAW MJD8F2 - Mair 8GMF - Delphy DCM3.5x DCM3.7x TRW
- Motorola Freescale MPC 555/556/561/562/563/564/565
- Motorola MC 68332 - MC YQQCU - MC 68377 - Trionic 5/7/8
GM - OPEL - SAAB
- Motorola MC 68376 Campi 01 Lamborghini - Lotus
- Motorola MC 68336 MEMS D5 ROVER
- Motorola ZC 439615 - ZC 439507 IAW FIAT - VAG
- New Line OBD protocols VPM GM
- New Line OBD protocols Tx - Rx
Subaru - Mitsubishi - Hitachi - Denso ECUs
Alientech Kess V2
The Kess V2 is very simple and easy to use its also available in several different languages. Simply connect the KESSv2 to the obd port in the car, select make/model , read , save file. Once you have put the original file into the pcw server and generated your mod file its simple to write it.
Kess V2 also offers many Extra features compared to other tool's such as:
- Boot-Loader mode supported - ST10 processor
Management of programming counters - only on certain vehicle's, every time you flash the ECU it stores the number of attempts, you can reset it with this tool.
- The Master version of the tool allows you complete access to the stock files located in the ECU. Once read, then modified, the KESSv2 will allow you to rewrite (FLASH) the edited file back to the OEM ECU.
- Identifies the vehicle you wish to work on
- Monitors the battery voltage- lets you know the vehicle's voltage during the programming
- Saves the vehicle’s original injector codes, whenever there is the risk of a loss
- Checks and clears any DTC in the ECU
- Automatic Checksum Correction
- Recovery function - Writing the flash is always accomplished, even in the event of PC malfunctions.
- Restore capabilities in the event of unforeseen errors
- Option to write: full file/section of the map – you can write partial files to save time.
- This particular tool has its strength's on the ford and jaguar protocol's.
AMT Cartech have been developing flash tools since OBD tuning began, in fact they were responsible for developing the very first known OBD flasher “KWP2000″. The KWP2000 supported ecu’s using the Key Word Protocol 2000 as the name suggests!
Since then many new communication protocols arrived, so a new tool was needed and hence the Multi Protocol Programming System was born (MPPS).
MPPS comes with many features aside from just reading and writing the flash memory:
- Great recovery capabilities, MPPS can revive most ECUS where other tools fail.
- Bench Flashing of VAG ME7 controllers (where immo normally prevents writing.)
- Part/Full writing options available on selected controllers.
- Writing “changes” only by comparing the checksum of each block of the file with the ECU content (where supported by the ECU.)
- Reading/Writing of the eeprom on selected controllers.
- TPROT version checking without opening ECU on VAG MEDC17
- MPPS has no annual fees, or subscriptions. Updates are free!
MPPS covers a range of controllers including M3.8, M5.9, ME7xx, MED9, MED17, EDC15/16/17, Delphi, Siemens, Marelli, Delco, Sagem, Trionic and many others…